Monday, April 20, 2009

Nikki- ONE YEAR


One year has passed and for me it was way too fast. Everyday brings something new; a new expression, a new giggle, a new milestone. It is absolutely amazing how much a child learns in the first year. To add to that it is also interesting as a parent to see how much you learn- you gain an abundance of love, patience, you learn to take time to slow down and enjoy the small things, and you also realize that life is just amazing especially when you get to experience it through your children all over again.

I need to also put in the traditional things Nikki has started to do and enjoy. Nikki loves flipping through books and will actually sit still while you read to her. Nikki has become very fast at crawling, cruises along furniture, goes from standing to sitting (very carefully), she loves to stand behind anything and slowly move it across the floor while walking, she has become extremely interested in drawers and the dishwasher. Nikki is starting to giggle a lot more and seems to watch and enjoy our reaction to her when she laughs She loves to play "I'm gonna get you" as we crawl after her. Nikki has also started to say Da Da and Ma Ma and she seems to understand who it is. Nikki still loves playing peek-a-boo around corners and has recently started to play back to us with her hands over her eyes. Nikki was a little late on doing the wave good-byes but she has now mastered it, but does it upside down with the bye-byes to the ceiling. She will also give the occasionally kiss blowing. Nikki enjoys music and will bop to the beat. Nikki has started to really enjoy feeding herself; favorite foods in order are: grapes, bread, bananas, pears, deli meats, celery and occasionally cheese. I guess I should add cake to the beginning of the list :) I know I say it too much but I just love being a mom and I love experiencing every little thing each day.

12 month check up
weight 20lbs 15oz (50%)
length 30 inches (75%)
head 18.5 inches (off the chart)

5 comments:

Shay said...

HaPpY 1sT NiKkI! Scout wanted nothing to do with her birthday cake, finally my sister stuffed a cupcake in her face so we could have the classic 1st birthday cake picture. Looks like she had a great celebration! (and looks like you figured out the collage thing)

Inga said...

What a cutie. Thanks for posting and sharing and a wonderful b'day party.

Flockhart Family said...

She is so cute. I can't believe sh eis already one. It goes way to fast. MacRae's head is also off the charts. It just means they are really smart.

Leah and Mike said...

Happy Birthday Nikki!! She is so adorable!! I'm glad she had a great birthday and loved the cake :) She is such a cutie!!

Signal Fire said...

Wow!! Thanks for the birthday party celebration! It was great to get together. How do you do the cool collage thing?